How to Design Your Own Positive Affirmation Slogan
One of the most impactful tools you can start to use today is to create your own Positive Affirmation Slogans (PAS). The affirmation exercise is designed to aid your recovery journey through the construction of new mental images. The goal is to establish positive behaviors and images of yourself in your mind so that you can retrieve them on demand.
In short, PASes are advertisements for the mind. As you probably know, billions upon billions of dollars are spent annually on the development and communication of advertisements.
Why are such huge sums of money spent on ads? Because advertisements are effective. You can apply the same technology to develop a strong, healthy self-image and behavior pattern for yourself.
Positive Affirmation Slogans become effective through repetition, and through the pairing of the PAS with pleasant experiences and feelings. A successful PAS is worded in a simple as well as catchy fashion, for example, Nike’s slogan, “Just Do It!” Your phrase should evoke a positive emotional image that does not need to be fully conscious to be effective. Your slogan should be easy to remember, and it should be paired with the action(s) that you want to take. In conclusion, it is crucial that you repeatedly expose yourself to your PAS throughout the day.
The Design Process
You will need about a dozen PASes to counteract the effect of your four borderline behavior patterns discussed in early articles ( relationship control phobia, distorted self-image, hypersensitivity to stress, impulsive gratification).
- Each PAS should be between five and ten words in length. The words should be emotionally powerful enough to evoke an attractive mental image.
- You should design at least two PASes for each of the borderline behavior sets listed above.
- Each PAS should be easy to remember and easy for you to make an actual advertisement to illustrate. The inclusion of photos, images from magazines, or perhaps even a drawing to convey the meaning of your PAS are a few mediums you can use to convey your message.
- Mount each PAS on an 8 ½-by-11-inch piece of paper.
The process of the development of your PAS ads is to help condition their meaning into your mind. This action is critical for the ultimate effectiveness of your ads. The PAS suggestions we offer below are just that, suggestions from our team at BlueSky Behavioral health to get you started.
The major psychological objective of your PAS for Relationship Control Phobia (RCP) is to encourage the trust and love of others so that your close relationships will become less stormy and more gratifying.
- I can trust without fear.
- Feeling loved fills me with joy.
- I am worthy of being loved.
- All of my resentments are fading away.
- Love and trust replace fear and envy.
We encourage you to try to develop your own Personal Affirmation Slogans to counteract your RCP. For additional guidance please feel free to reach out to one of our many behavioral health professionals at 888-822-7348 or by email at email@example.com.