BlueSky offers the following services:
- Individual psychotherapy
- Group therapy services for substance abuse issues, borderline personality disorders, social responsibility, eating disorders, job search and support, stress management and many other groups.
- Behavioral therapies for stress management, substance abuse, phobias and fears, obsessive compulsive disorders and many other problems
- Vocational counseling is offered to help people find and keep a job. Resume preparation, mock interviews and job search strategies are covered.
- BlueSky offers a unique treatment for BPD or Borderline Personality Disorder that combines DBT and the self-help techniques presented in the book "The Angry Heart" by Drs. Joseph Santoro and Ron Cohen.
Our Extended Treatment Program option allows you to live in the area and receive daily treatment and support services.
Contact us for more information.
- We also offer ERP, or exposure response prevention therapy. ERP reduces the cravings that trigger drug and alcohol relapses. ERP is a behavior therapy procedure that systematically exposes an addict to simulated versions of their drugs of choice and the equipment they use to prepare and consume. ERP exposes them in order to elicit powerful cravings. The addict is taught how to handle these cravings without giving into them. In this way they are exposed to their triggers but prevented from getting high. This leads to the extinction of their desire to use.
The book "Kill The Craving" by Dr Santoro and Robert DeLetis presents this new approach to addiction treatment.
Mood, OCD & Anxiety Disorders
- Major Depression
- Bi-polar Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic and Generalized Anxiety Disorders
- Drug–induced Mood Disorders
At BlueSky, we conduct a careful psychological and behavioral assessment to create the right mix of psychotherapy, medication, and group therapy to help members learn to better manage their disorder.
Our extended treatment program (ETx) provides you or your loved one with a bespoke daily schedule that combines structure, motivation, and therapeutic learning to facilitate a successful recovery.
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Anti-social Personality Disorder (ASPD)
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD)
BlueSky Clinic combines The Angry Heart therapy program and DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy) through the use of group therapy, individual therapy, and training sessions to help those struggling with borderline personality disorder overcome their self-defeating behavior patterns and cope with their psychological trauma history (when present).
Our antisocial personality disorder/ narcissistic personality disorder program is based on the pioneering work of Dr. Stanton Samenow and the Truthought® therapy for correcting irresponsible thinking.
The goal is to help those with antisocial thinking break the hold these thoughts have on their behavior and to replace them with responsible thought patterns and socially valued behaviors. We are especially effective with young adults who have not been able to establish a normative lifestyle.
- Schizoaffective Disorder
- Bi-polar Disorder with psychotic features
- Major Depression with psychotic features
- Drug induced Psychosis
- Atypical Psychosis
BlueSky?s programs effectively approaches the symptoms of psychosis and its residual effects in a resultsdriven format that combines medication, cognitive behavioral therapy, motivation therapy, life skill rehabilitation, career counseling, and group therapy into an bespoke care plan.
Each patient works with his or her therapist, medication prescriber (psychiatrist or nurse practitioner), and life coach to achieve meaningful results.
Dual Diagnosis Recovery Program
- Designer Drugs
BlueSky’s dual diagnosis program integrates various therapies such as Exposure Response Prevention (ERP), harm avoidance, motivational interviewing, relapse prevention training, support groups, psychotherapy, and 12 step community groups to create an individually meaningful program of recovery. ERP is a unique therapy developed by BlueSky professionals that breaks down your cravings to get high. For more information contact us at 1-888-8-CARE4-U.
Adult Neurosocial Disorders
- Asperger’s Disorder
Life coaching is an essential part of an extended program of care that will help you or your loved one achieve the level of independent functioning that is optimal for your/their safety, needs, abilities and aspirations. All programs are individualized to the time frame most appropriate to achieving durable results.
Career Identification & Development
- Identification of Interests and Aptitudes
- Developing a healthy work tolerance
- Work Hardening
- Job Placement and Coaching
- Career Planning that can include skills training
BlueSky Clinic offers vocational & career development services:
- Vocational assessment to determine strengths and interests
- Resume preparation and interview training
- Work adjustment groups that focus on meaning, value and demands of work
- Job coaching
- Job placement
- Community based skills training**
From preparing a resume to practicing for a job interview, careful consideration is given to developing a systematic approach to returning to gainful employment. For those seeking employment for the first time, the assessment process is helpful in identifying job activities that may be commensurate with individual strengths.
Our vocational counselors reinforce the concept that keeping a job means having the energy to maintain a consistent level of productivity while being able to relate to others.
As Sigmund Freud said: Human work more than any activity has the potential for binding one closer to reality.